Friday, November 19, 2010

Danielle's Holiday Goodie Tour continues....

Greetings! Today, the lovely and vivacious Danielle Thorne is visiting to give us another one of her fabulous and easy holiday recipes. But please indulge me first while I praise her newest release, By Heart and By Compass.

In this exciting novel, Danielle has created a pair of unlikely would-be-lovers and skillfully intertwined their hearts and minds. The setting of the love story is actually a love affair both Max and Lacey have with a lost pirate’s ship and the owner. Why did I buy this book when I have zero interest in ships or the sea? Because her excerpt, the first meeting between Max and Lacey which I read on the publisher’s website (Desert Breeze Publishing) excited me. I had to know more about her brusque hero, Max, and why the brilliant and determined Lacy went after not only the man, but the lost ship, as well.
I literally sat on the edge of my seat while reading about their thrilling and dangerous exploits. Even more exciting was the transformation of this hard-nosed Max when he falls in love. Believe me, friends, you will love this story. I highly recommend it. Celia

A big Texas Welcome, Danielle!

Happy Holidays, Celia, to you and your readers. Thank you for having me here to share some of my favorite holiday recipes this season – to celebrate both sweet treats and sweet reads.
Today I'd like to share one of my fastest goodies that takes only minutes to prepare. It's irresistibly crunchy, with the rich flavor of peanut butter. My favorite thing about NO-BAKE CHEERIO BARS, is they have a cereal base, and that helps take a little pressure off the holiday calorie count.
      
                

NO-BAKE CHEERIO BARS
8 cups of Cheerios
2 cups of chocolate chips
1 cup of light corn syrup
1 cup of sugar
1 ½ cup of cream peanut butter
1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
Grease a 9X13 pan and set aside. Combine Cheerios and chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss evenly. Press into greased 9X13 pan and let cool. Cut into bars.
Optional: Omit chocolate chips and substitute with two more cups of cereal for plain peanut buttery cereal bars. Just as yummy, a bit less rich.
************************** 
Read on to find out more about my recent sweet romance adventure that makes a great companion to a plate of munchies!
BY HEART AND COMPASS is available now!


"When Lacey Whitman buys a restored Victorian home, she never dreams discovering an antique diary will lead her back to sea and into the arms of the dive bum she’d rather forget. Her habit of living in the past comes to a screeching halt as diver Max Bertrand and the diary of his ancestor take Lacey on the quest of a lifetime: To discover and raise the privateer ship, Specter, and bring the treasure and legacy of a true hero home again. But will finding it cost her heart?"


Find out more at Desert Breeze Publishing:
http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-96/By-Heart-and-Compass/Detail.bok 

Visit me and my romantic adventure stories at:
http://www.daniellethorne.jimdo.com/ 


Follow, follow, follow me at The Balanced Writer!
http://www.thebalancedwriter.blogspot.com/ 


THANK YOU, DANIELLE. I hope you find new readers who will love your story as much as I did. Celia

6 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle & Celia. I can't resist visiting you on every blog where you are a guest, Danielle, so I can get all those wonderful sweet recipes. I've already read your sweet romance story of Max and Lacey. I didn't care much for Max at first, but then I became rather fond of him, as did Lacey. It was a wonderful book.And all of your sea stories are fascinating. It is obvious that this subject is your passion. And you've given me a whole different feeling about it, too.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,
    I have to read your book. I have read so many rave reviews for it. Congrats on your success as a writer. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies, we're a couple days early but thanks to Celia for letting me visit here and thank you for coming by and leaving a comment. It means a lot that you enjoy or hope to enjoy BY HEART AND COMPASS. If you ever need a quickie recipe to tote somewhere, these Cheerios bars really are fast and pretty yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review! Congratulations on your new book. Your no bake Cheerio bars sound yummy. Thanks for sharing your writing and your baking talents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani, what a sinful little receipe. My boys would be in sugar heaven. LOL!! By Heart and Compass was a great read. I enjoyed it very much.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx for coming by Gail and Steph. Honestly, these tasty treats can be whipped up in 15 minutes! Hope they love them as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete